3/4 kg pumpkin
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tbsp roasted channa dal/ ಹುರಿಗಡಲೆ/kadale pappu
1 tsp white seesame seeds/ಬಿಳಿ ಎಳ್ಳು
2-3 red chillis
1/2 tsp tamarind juice
1 tsp mustard seeds/ saasive
1/2 tsp powdered jaggery
a pinch of asafoetida
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds (for tempering)
1 red chilli ( for tempering)
salt according to taste
3-4 curry leaves
- Peel the skin of the pumpkin, remove the seeds & cut the pumpkin into medium sized cubes.
- Dry roast the seesame seeds & red chilli separately. Allow it to cool.
- In a broad pan, prepare the tempering by adding mustard seeds, curry leaves, hing & broken red chilli.
- Add pumpkin pieces & little water to the tempering. Cook the pumpkin until soft.
- Meanwhile, grind the roasted seesame seeds, red chilli, roasted channa dal, mustard seeds, coconut & tamarind to a smooth paste.
- Add this paste, jaggery & salt to the cooked pumpkin. Cook the whole mixture for 2-3 mins.
- The pumpkin gojju is ready to be served.
sounds tasty.. bookmarking it!ReplyDelete
I really wanted to try patrode, but I am unable to find the leaves!
Madam, you are simply great in 21 century!!!ReplyDelete
I am searching for a wife like you, but I don't think, I'll get.
I learnt many recipes by reading your blog. Please keep on updating your blog. I am one of your fan.