As mentioned before in one of my posts that, this leaves if consumed 3 times a day for couple of days can cure mouth ulcers & also has a cooling effect on the body.
Here is the recipe for this coolant:
1 bunch ಬಸಳೆ ಸೊಪ್ಪು/red stemmed malabar spinach
1/2 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
a big pinch turmeric
1 pinch tamarind powder/amchur powder
1/2 cup curd
3 tbsp grated coconut(fresh/frozen)
1 green chilli
salt according to taste
1 tsp oil
- Discard the stem & chop the leaves.
- Add the oil to a broad kadai, when oil is hot, add jeera & urad dal.
- When urad dal becomes golden brown, add the finely chopped leaves, amchur powder & fry it in oil until . Remove from flame & allow it to cool.
- Make a fine paste of grated coconut, green chilli, turmeric & mustard seeds.
- Add this paste, curd & salt to the cooked leaves. Basale saasime is ready to be served. It is a great side dish for rice & also for roti.