1 cup grated carrot
1/3 cup boiled sweet corn (if you are using frozen corn, boil it for 3 minutes in a microwave)
1 green chilli (pepper powder could be used instead)
¼ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp urad dal
3 curry leaves chopped
1 tsp oil
½ tsp lemon juice.
1 tsp chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- Take a broad kadai & oil to it. When oil is hot, add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds splutter, add urad dal. Fry till urad dal turns golden brown
- Add green chilli & curry leaves. Saute for a minute.
- Add carrot & mix it thoroughly. Add little water (use the water that is used to boil corn). Don’t add more water as the end result is to keep it dry. Cook it on slow flame for a minute
- Drain out the excess water from corn & add the corn, salt to the carrot mixture. Cook it for 1 minute. Keep stirring often as it might burn easily.
- Add the lemon juice & mix it well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve it with rice or phulka/chapathi.
PS: You could also add grated coconut for added taste
That is a nice twist on carrot palya!ReplyDelete
Happy New Year to you and familyReplyDelete