Here I go with one more tambli recipe:
1/2 tsp methi seeds /fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
2 cups curd/yogurt/butter milk
2-3 tbsp grated coconut
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch asafoetida
1 broken red chilli
1/4 tsp ghee
salt according to taste
- Add ghee to a kadai, fry jeera & methi seeds until it turns golden brown (it leaves a nice aroma by then)
- Make a fine paste of jeera, methi seeds & coconut using curd.
- Add the remaining curd, salt to this paste & mix well (tambli should be like a thick milkshake).
- In a kadka pan, prepare the tempering by adding oil. When oil is hot, add mustard seeds, asafoetida & red chilli.
- Pour this tadka/oggarane to the tambli prepared & serve it with rice, papad or pickle.
Time for the tip:
This tambli helps in reducing the stomach ache. So, if you are having stomach ache, go ahead & prepare this, it gives relief in as early as 30 mins