Here I go with one more tambli recipe:
1/2 tsp methi seeds /fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
2 cups curd/yogurt/butter milk
2-3 tbsp grated coconut
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch asafoetida
1 broken red chilli
1/4 tsp ghee
salt according to taste
- Add ghee to a kadai, fry jeera & methi seeds until it turns golden brown (it leaves a nice aroma by then)
- Make a fine paste of jeera, methi seeds & coconut using curd.
- Add the remaining curd, salt to this paste & mix well (tambli should be like a thick milkshake).
- In a kadka pan, prepare the tempering by adding oil. When oil is hot, add mustard seeds, asafoetida & red chilli.
- Pour this tadka/oggarane to the tambli prepared & serve it with rice, papad or pickle.
Time for the tip:
This tambli helps in reducing the stomach ache. So, if you are having stomach ache, go ahead & prepare this, it gives relief in as early as 30 mins
this must be sooo good ... i think Iam gonna make this for dinner tonightReplyDelete
This is wonderful that you are have used Mustard! Basale andre swalpa confusion ittu.Menthya idre ok, easy
Thanks for visiting my blog, do try & let me know the outcome :)
Basale andre.., hege helodu??, adu India dalli yava market nalli sigalla.., it will be grown backyard. You can have a look at the picture & more information about basale here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basella_alba. It is usually available in Chinese Vegetable markets.