After my sister got married, she told an interesting variation of puri husali from her mom-in-law. Her mom-in-law prepared it once for me & I was really happy eating. I immediately got the recipe from her & now that I started blogging.., here is the recipe for you.
150 gms puffed rice/puri/bhel (Gives better results with bhel)
2 tbsp roasted channa dal/ಹುರಿಗಡಲೆ
1 tbsp groundnuts/ಕಡಲೆ ಬೀಜ
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1 medium sized onion sliced
2 capsicum cubed
3 green chillies (I used red chilli as I was short of green chillies & hence the color is little different)
1.5 tbsp oil
1 pinch turmeric
3 tbsp grated coconut
8 curry leaves
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp lemon juice
salt according to taste
- Dry roast the peanuts, remove the outer skin & allow it to cool.
- Prepare a fine powder of roasted channa dal.
- Make a coarse powder of roasted peanuts.
- Add oil to a broad kadai, when oil is hot, add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add urad dal, curry leaves & allow the urad dal to turn golden brown.
- Add green chillies, onion & saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add capsicum & fry the capsicum in oil (for about 3 minutes)
- Meantime, soak the puffed rice in water for about a minute.
- Squeeze out the water from puffed rice & add it to the kadai.
- Add salt, roasted channa dal powder, peanut powder, grated coconut, lemon juice & mix well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves & serve it.