Anyways, better late than never. Happy Karthika Masa/Masam/Month. Diyas are lit infront of our house for this whole month & each day of the week is celebrated.
So, what did you guys cook at home?Did any of you buy gold/platinum/silver on the dhanteras? At my side.., nothing. No gold/silver too. We were on a short trip to Indonesia & so not much of celebrations. We were back only after Deepavali. I'm happy that I spent all the time with my kiddo & hubby, which otherwise I would have spent in the kitchen.
My version of the doodh peda is a quick & an instant one. It almost tastes like authentic one, however expert eaters can make out the difference in this version. My take is when this method is so easy, why on earth should hours be spent on the authentic way ;)
Ingredients:(Adapted from a monthly kannada magazine)
- Gently, mix together the condensed milk & milk powder. Ensure that there are no lumps.
- Add in the butter & mix again.
- Pour the batter to a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat/cook in the microwave for 3 minutes (check the temperature settings).
- Remove the bowl, stir well & put in the microwave again for 1 minute.
- Repeat the steps 4 & 5, for 2 more times. Ensure that the rawness of the milk powder is removed & it is cooked well.
- Allow it to cool for another 5-10minutes. When the batter is still warm, prepare small lemon sized balls & give it a nice peda shape.
- Cool it in the refrigirator for 1-2hours before serving.
- Enjoy the instant doodh peda :)
Update: Hurray!!, I won a tote bag from Foodie Blogroll. I am eagerly waiting to receive it. Thanks a lot Foodie Blogroll.