Again a classic recipe that our family loves to eat :)), dont ask me what is that we dont enjoy eating :-p
Basic recipe of capsicum rice comes from my co-sister, according to her this can be prepared in a jiffy. I have made some changes to this & I cannot say my version can be prepared quick. It consumes time, but the end result would be yummy!!
3 cups rice (sona masoori/ponni would do)
3 medium sized capsicum cut into 1 inch sized cubes(it will become colorful, if you use red, yellow capsicum too)
1 cup boiled sweet corn
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1.5 tsp urad dal
4 tsp peanuts
10 curry leaves
1 pod garlic (optional)
3-4 red chillies
2 tbsp grated coconut
2 tbsp oil
salt according to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
- Cook the rice and allow it to cool.
- Meantime dry roast the spices (mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, peanuts, garlic, curry leaves, red chilli) seperately & allow them to cool.
- Remove the skin of the peanuts & crush them into a course powder ( can crush with a belan, no need to put in the blender/mixie)
- Make a course powder of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, garlic, curry leaves, red chilli & at the end add grated coconut and blend it for 30 secs. Dont add water!!
- Heat a broad pan & add oil to it, when oil is hot, add capsicum & fry till capsicum becomes crisp. Add boiled corn to this & saute in oil for a minute.
- Now add the course powder, crushed peanuts & saute again.
- Break the rice & remove lumps if any & add this rice to the capsicum mixture.
- Remove from flame & add salt, lemon juice, coriander leaves.
- Mix well & serve it hot.
Looks nice though I am not a big fan of corn! I guess i could omit corn right?ReplyDelete
Smitha, you can replace corn with peas.ReplyDelete
I used MTR vangibath powder instead...
Lazy but I feel it goes well with capsicum..
also added seasoning with lil onion..
came out well!
I fondly call this recipe rangeela rice ;-)
Thanks Srilatha. Even I add MTR vangibath powder at times. But, when you get time, do try this version, it tastes so different & yummy.ReplyDelete