2 raw mangoes (medium sized)
1 inch ginger finely chopped
2 pods of garlic (finely chopped)
1/3 cup oil
1.5 tbsp red chilli
2 tbsp salt ( or according to taste)
1 tsp mustard seeds powder
1 tsp fenugreek seeds powder
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- Wash the mango & pat it dry completely(Not even little water should be left out)
- Chop the mango into small pieces ( around 1/2 inch cubes)
- Heat oil in a kadai, when oil is hot, add mustard seeds
- Add garlic & ginger to oil & saute it for 20-30 secs
- Add salt to the oil & turn off the flame.
- Now add, chilli powder & mix them well.
- Switch on the flame, add fenugreek powder, mustard powder & mango to it. Ensure the flame is very slow.
- Saute everything for 30 secs & remove the kadai from the flame.
- Mix it well & allow it to cool
- Once, the mixture comes to room temperature, store it in a air tight container ( Use a porcelain, glass or a plastic container & ensure the container is also dry & no water drops inside it)
- The pickle can be consumed after 1 day as the mango needs to absorb the salt & chilli :)
This pickle can be preserved & consumed for upto 1 month(without refrigeration).
Bayalli neer bantu ri!ReplyDelete
Amma idanna Bisi-uppinakai antare.. So nan shopping list ge mavinakai add maadtidini!
mouth watering......... ella namma oora adige.... thumba santosha aayithu e recipes nodiReplyDelete
mavinkayi upinkayi...iddu nan fav....yummyReplyDelete