1 cup sweet corn (fresh/frozen)
1 big capsicum (cut into long strips)
2 medium sized tomatoes (finely chopped)
2 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
1 tsp garlic, ginger, green chilli paste
½ tsp poppy seeds (dry roasted)
8-10 cashew nuts soaked in water
2 tbsp heavy cream
½ tsp jeera powder (cumin seeds powder)
½ tsp dhania powder
A pinch of amchur powder
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
½ tsp of garam masala
½ tsp chilli powder
3-4 tbsp butter
Salt according to taste
- Heat butter in a broad kadai, when butter is hot, add garlic, ginger green chilli paste. Saute for a minute.
- Add onions & fry it till onion turns brown (this takes around 5 mins or so). Onion has to become crisp.
- Meanwhile, make a fine paste of cashewnuts & poppy seeds.
- When onion is done, add tomatoes & cook tomatoes completely. Tomatoes should not only leave out oil, but also become like a puree. This takes around 10-12 mins.
- When tomatoes are done, add capsicum & cook capsicum till crisp.
- Add, cooked corn, cashewnut paste, heavy cream, kasuri methi to it & mix well.
- Add all the masala powders, starting from salt, followed by red chilli powder, dhania powder, jeera powder, amchur powder & lastly garam masala.
- Cook it on a low flame for another 5 mins & the gravy is ready