We have regained our health back & want to start our normal routine. So.., thought of preparing something healthy & nutritious.
Here goes a slightly different but a nutritious side dish for chapathi/roti & rice.
2 cups sprouted hesaru kalu (sprouted green gram)
1 carrot chopped (cut into cubes)
1/2 cup cauliflower
1/2 capsicum chopped (optional)
1 onion sliced
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch of turmeric
2 green chillis
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cliantro/coriander leaves chopped for garneshing
- Pressure cook for one whistle the green gram, carrot & cauliflower by adding little water.
- Drain the water completely from the cooked green gram
- In a kadai, add oil. When oil is hot add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds splutter, add onion & green chillis.
- Fry the onions, until it becomes golden brown.
- Add capsicum & dice for a minute or 2.
- Now add the drained green gram & the vegetables. Add salt & cook for a minute.
- Finally add the lemon juice & garnesh it with coriander leaves.
- Palya is ready to be served. Have it as a side dish for rice or roti.
Forgot to mention, I got another lovely award from my friend & a fellow blogger Sukanya. Thanks a lot for giving me this award.
I'm sending this simple & healthier recipe to Veda(Iyengar's Kitchen), who is hosting the Challenge event. Here is a small contribution from my side :)