Today I will be sharing the gujje koddel recipe. Koddel is a tulu word for sambar. Tulu : Gujje English : Raw jackfruit Kannada : halasina kayi.
Before going to the recipe, I want to share a good news with you. Hurray!!, I got an award for my blog. Thanks a lot Lakshmi for giving me this award.
Now, time for noting the ingredients:
1 cup raw jackfruit (cut into medium sized pieces)
1/2 cup sprouted green gram/hesaru kalu.
3/4 cup grated coconut (fresh/frozen)
1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
2.5 tsps dhania/coriander seeds
1/4th tsp methi seeds/fenugreek seeds
4-5 red chillis (paprika)
1 small lemon sized tamarind (soaked in water)
1 tsp powdered jaggery
1.5 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds/saasive
1 pinch hing/asafoetida
3-4 curry leaves
- Cook the gujje & sprouted moong dal until they are soft.
- Dry roast the dhania, jeera, red chillis, methi seeds separately. Allow it cool
- Grind the dry roasted masala along with the coconut & tamarind & make a smooth paste.
- Add this masala paste to the cooked gujje & moong dal. Add little water if requred.
- Add salt, jaggery & allow the sambar to boil.
- In a small pan add oil, when oil is hot, add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds splutter, add hing, curry leaves. Add this tadka to the sambar prepared & mix well.
Below picture has rice, gujje koddel & kumbalakayi palya(pumpkin curry)
wow..nice recipe with jackfruit..do we get raw one in mustafa?ReplyDelete
Btw. happy diwali!!