Here is my festival plate for you.
Now, the recipe for seeme badane chutney.
Seeme Badane - 1/2 (medium chopped)
Grated coconut - 4 tbsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Dry Chilli - 2
Jeera - 1 tsp
Jaggery - 1 pinch
Oil - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 6
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Salt - according to taste
Tamarind - according to taste
- Add little water to the chopped chayote. No need to remove the skin of the vegetable, before chopping.
- To this, add salt, jaggery, tamarind and pressure cook for 1 whistle
- Allow this to cool
- In a pan, add oil. When oil is hot, add jeera, urad dal. Fry till urad dal turns golden in color
- Add asafoetida, curry leaves and red chillies. Saute for a minute
- Make a paste of all the above ingredients along with coconut and cooked chayote
- Chutney is ready to be served (Salt and tamarind have already been added. No need to add again). This chutney can be served with rice, akki rotti, pundi, idli
This is really interesting Sush..never heard about this chutney. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete