Here is my festival plate for you.
Now, the recipe for seeme badane chutney.
Seeme Badane - 1/2 (medium chopped)
Grated coconut - 4 tbsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Dry Chilli - 2
Jeera - 1 tsp
Jaggery - 1 pinch
Oil - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 6
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Salt - according to taste
Tamarind - according to taste
- Add little water to the chopped chayote. No need to remove the skin of the vegetable, before chopping.
- To this, add salt, jaggery, tamarind and pressure cook for 1 whistle
- Allow this to cool
- In a pan, add oil. When oil is hot, add jeera, urad dal. Fry till urad dal turns golden in color
- Add asafoetida, curry leaves and red chillies. Saute for a minute
- Make a paste of all the above ingredients along with coconut and cooked chayote
- Chutney is ready to be served (Salt and tamarind have already been added. No need to add again). This chutney can be served with rice, akki rotti, pundi, idli