Everyone in my family, including my little monster, loves eating fried foods and the month of September, being full of family occasions, gives many chances for their (and even mine) wishes to get fulfilled...
This time the occasion was my son's birthday and the dish what I tried was 'Bread Bonda'...
Before we jump right in, my standard disclaimer:
If you are calorie conscious, please stop reading this right now and read my other blog on 'Ragi Dosa' :) :)
Bread - 2-3 slices (preferably white bread)
Gram Flour - 1 cup
Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
Rice Flour - 1 tbsp
Salt (according to taste)
Oil (for deep frying)
- Sieve the gram flour and rice flour
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except bread and make a paste out of it
- The paste should be thicker than the normal bajji paste
- Remove the edges of the bread and toast it on a tava till the bread becomes crisp
- Allow the bread to cool
- Cut the bread into smaller pieces (4-6 pieces)
- Dip the bread pieces one-at-a-time in the paste and deep fry the same
- Bread bondas are ready to be serve
- Tastes best with spicy coriander chutney or chilli sauce/hot & sour sauce.