yenidu list antha kelbedi.., idella naane madiddu.., iste allade poori, aloo palya kooda madidde..
[English: Dont ask me what list is this, I only prepared all these dishes.., on top of this I also prepared poori & aloo(potato) subji]
All these were prepared on my hubby's birthday to impress him. No idea whether he was impressed or not.., but I enjoyed eating all of these & also was happy about myself that I can cook whole lot of dishes :)
Now, directly to the ingredients & the preparation. I'll post the recipes of vangibath, saabudana vada later.
Let me start with the sweet/dessert.
Sorekayi halwa/ Louki halwa
(Kannada : Sorekayi, Hindi:Louki, English:Bottle guard)
1 medium sized sorekayi
150 gms sugar
4 tablespoons of ghee
3 tablespoons khova ( as I didnot find it here, I only prepared it!!!)
2 tablespoons of dry fruits (cashewnuts, raisins, badam)
a pinch of cardomom powder
- Peel the skin & de-seed the sorekayi
- Grate the sorekayi & remove the water from the grated sorekayi
- Keep this water as it is helpful while cooking
- In a broad vessel, add 2-3 tablespoons of ghee.., to this add grated sorekayi
- Mix the sorekayi well in ghee, now add little water and cook it for awhile (keep stirring to avoid loki sticking to the pan)
- When Loki is half-cooked, add the sugar and mix it well
- Now, the whole mixture becomes little watery and keep cooking this mixture, until all the water evaporates
- When the mixture is cooked (when the ghee separates from the mixture, it is an indication that the mixture is cooked), add the khova, cardamom powder and mix it well
- cook this for 10 minutes
- In a separate kadai, add the remaining ghee. Put the dryfruits into the ghee & fry the same.
- Add this fried dry fruits along with ghee to the sorekayi mixture & mix it well.
- Sorekayi halwa is ready.