Dont go by the name of this dish..this sweet dish is delicious...you should taste it to believe it...well, let me help you... i will provide the recipe of this dish...prepare it an d let me know how did it taste :)
1 cup channa dal (kadale bele)
1 to 1.25 cups jaggery (bella)
1/4th cup of water
4-6 cashewnuts & raisins
1 tablespoon grateddry coconut/dessicated coconut (kobbari)
1 tablespoon ghee
- Dry roast the channa dal.
- Soak the roasted channa dal for an hour
- Pressure cook the soaked dal (channa dal takes more time to cook than toor dal).
- Heat a kadai, add water & powdered jaggery to it.
- Jaggery should get dissolved completely in water.
- Heat until bubbles start forming in the syrup.
- Drain the water from the cooked channa dal & add the channa dal to this syrup.
- Add cardamom powder & grated dry-coconut.
- Mix all the ingredients added & cook on a slow flame for about 10-15 mins.
- Heat the ghee in another kadai, fry the cashewnuts & raisins in it.
- Add the fried cashewnuts & raisins to the channa dal mixture.
- Hayagreeva (maddi) is ready to serve.
Hi Hayagreeva is looking really very good... send in not send for SWC Karnataka event hosted by me...m waiting for the chutney pudi pic too... hope u got my mail...ReplyDelete
New to me. looksyumm/ReplyDelete
looks yummy!!! its a big fav at home...ReplyDelete