Here is the recipe for you.
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 5-7mins
Ingredients: (Makes 4 sandwiches)
Sandwich bread slices: 8 nos (Use any bread of your choice. I have used white bread here)
Boiled & sliced beetroot (optional)
A slice of cheese for each sandwich
Salt & pepper for seasoning
Butter: 1 tsp, for each sandwich
For the spread:
Green chutney: 1 tsp*
Tomato ketchup: 1 tsp*
*For each sandwich
- Take a slice of bread, add the green chutney & the tomato ketchup. Spread both of them evenly on the bread.
- Top it up with the sliced vegetables of your choice. Sprinkle the salt & the pepper over the vegetables.
- Add a cheese slice.
- Cover it up with another slice of bread.
- Add around a tsp of butter to the griddle/tava/tawa or griller. Place the sandwich over the butter & cook it on a medium-low heat on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from the griddle. Serve it hot with a dip of your choice. Enjoy!
Feel free to use any vegetable of your choice. I have added carrots, capsicum, raddish & many more to this basic sandwich recipe.
You can find the green chutney recipe here.