Want to enjoy a meal during sore throat, cold & cough? Prepare palak bajji & enjoy any boring meal. It has the perfect ingredients to give a high to your taste buds. Great news about this curry is, when refrigerated it stays up to a month.
Ingredients: (For around 2 cups of curry)
Spinach/Palak: 3 big bunches (Around 300 grams)
Garlic: 5 pods
Amtekayi: 3 nos (Since this is not available outside India, substitute with a medium grape sized tamarind).
Green chillies: 6 nos, more or less
Salt: According to taste
Oil: 1 tbsp, preferably coconut oil
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Garlic: 4 pods, minced or sliced
Curry leaves: 8-10nos
- Wash the spinach leaves along with the stem thoroughly in water. Chop the leaves & the tender stem coarsely.
- Add less than 1/2 cup of water to the chopped spinach leaves. To this add garlic, amtekayi or tamarind, green chillies & salt.
- Boil on medium-high heat for 10mins or pressure cook for 1 whistle. Allow them to cool.
- Once cooled, puree the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan. When oil is hot, throw in mustard seeds followed by garlic & curry leaves. Saute till the leaves wilt & garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the spinach puree & adjust the seasoning. Boil on a medium-low heat for 10-15mins until the flavors blend in.
- Enjoy with ganji/porridge, rice or dosa.
- If amtekayi is used: After boiling the amtekayi, squeeze out the juice & discard the hard portion.
- Ganji/Kanji/Porridge & this curry is a classic combination.
I do this some times ...love your recipe ...looks yumReplyDelete
Did u mention that u used amtekai for this??ReplyDelete
I like d amtekay pickle n not tried anything else wid it..so it sounds interesting..:)
looks yumm n healthy too
very delicious gujju..yummyReplyDelete
Super Yummy Recipes
Woww healthy gojju,simply inviting..ReplyDelete
This is deliciously green. Looks so healthy and yummy :)ReplyDelete
very similar to keerai masiyal that we make at home! love pureed spinach with spices!ReplyDelete
Haven't heard of amtekai... Lovely way to eat spinach!!ReplyDelete
wow. what a colour..love it...ReplyDelete
deliicous and interesting one.with the addition of garlic this must be very flavourful tooReplyDelete
Finger licking good!!! Nice addition of amtekai...We always make a dish called menaskai from it..a speciality of udipi,..But this dish is a refreshing change...Healthy too...Bookmarked...ReplyDelete
looks tempting and delicious.ReplyDelete
Hmmm this recipe looks so delicious and nice and i think that fits perfect with my taste and in my opinion is a very easy recipe, so i think i will try it. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete