I am clearing my pantry from the last couple of weeks. Even after not buying any grocery for almost a month, I am able to manage run the kitchen for another month!
I had a huge packet of self raising flour lying in my store room & hence came up with this recipe. I added instant oats too, to make it a healthier one.
Ingredients: (Makes about 20 pancakes)
Self raising flour: 2.5 cups
Instant oats: 1.5 cups
Buttermilk: 2 cups
Finely chopped or minced vegetables: Around 2.5 cups, I did not measure this. (I added carrots, beet roots, cabbage, onion, cucumber, potato, capsicum)
Green chilli paste: 1/2 tsp, optional
Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Salt: to taste
Water: 1-2 cups more.
Oil: few drops for each pancake
- Take a broad vessel. Add all the above ingredients mentioned & prepare a smooth batter out of it (Similar to the dosa/pancake batter). Ensure there are no lumps.
- Keep the batter aside for 5 mins.
- Meantime heat a griddle/tava/tawa. When the griddle is hot, pour around 1.5 tbsp of batter in the center of the griddle & spread it gently.
- Add few drops of oil & cover the griddle. Cook both sides of the pancake on a medium high heat until golden brown.
- Remove the pancake & repeat the procedure with the remaining batter.
- Enjoy it hot with a spicy dip of your choice.
- If you do not have self raising flour, then use All-Purpose flour/maida. Add 1/4 tsp of baking soda to the batter to make the pancakes light & fluffy.
- You could add any vegetables of your choice. I added variety of vegetables I have in my refrigerator.
These look to good sush!!!ReplyDelete
good one-looks nice !ReplyDelete
This looks yummy,great clicks.ReplyDelete
Pancakes looks soo marvellous and healthy..ReplyDelete
lovely droolworthy and tempting pancakes.ReplyDelete
sounds new to me...ReplyDelete
looks colorful and healthy dear:)
Lovely pancakes sush, v new would love to try this :)ReplyDelete
Sounds really nice,nice way to make use of the veggies and perfect for breakfast!ReplyDelete
Yummy looking pancakes....ReplyDelete
helath packed perfect n colorful breakfast..ReplyDelete
sounds new to me but looks so colorfula nd delicious..feel like having some now! YUM!ReplyDelete
Lovely shade of pink! I did the same eating out of pantry the entire last week! No grocery till we finished our Udagi cleaning and restocked the pantry for Ugadi!ReplyDelete