A very simple, no cook & easy to whip vegan banana Indian dessert! One more good example for "less is more". There are many versions of this simple banana dessert. This is one of the neivedyam/prasadam recipes.
Cooking Time: Nil
- Ripened & Firm Bananas*: 3 nos (refer notes)
- Jaggery/Brown sugar: 3 tbsp
- Fresh grated coconut: 3 tbsp, fresh or frozen
- Cardamom: 1 no
- Chopped nuts: 1 tbsp (I used almonds, cashews & raisins)
Peel the bananas & dice them.
Add the jaggery, coconut, peeled cardamom to a food processor/blender. Add couple of tablespoons of water & make a smooth paste.
Scoop them out on the diced bananas.
Throw in the chopped nuts, mix well & let it sit for 15-20 mins for the flavors to blend well.
Serve it cold or at room temperature & dig in!
- Do not use over ripened bananas.
- The color of this dessert depends on the jaggery color. Use a lighter version of jaggery to get a lighter color. I have used the dark colored jaggery in this.
I had posted this recently,I love it..ReplyDelete
Looks very yum ...ReplyDelete
Simple & so yumm!! I love this..Your method is simpler than extracting coconut milk separately 1st..ReplyDelete
Very new one to meReplyDelete
Wow yummy dessert,very tempting too...ReplyDelete