Ingredients: (For around 15 dosas)
Green gram/hesaru kaalu/hara moong: 1 cup*
Parboiled idly/dosa rice: 2.5 cups (Normal raw rice or ponni rice could be used too)
De-husked black lentils/urad dal: 1 tbsp
Salt: According to taste
Oil: 1/2 tsp for each dosa
* I have not used the standard measuring cup for this recipe. For this recipe alone, 1 cup holds 100ml of water. I normally use standard cup(1 cup = 250ml water), here is an exception.
- Wash the green gram, rice & urad dal together thoroughly. Drain the water.
- Soak the gram, rice, urad dal together for 4-5hours.
- Grind to a fine batter & adjust the consistency (should be like a thick milkshake).
- Allow it to ferment for 6-8hours.
- Add salt & mix the fermented batter.
- Heat a griddle. When griddle is hot, pour 2-3tbsp of dosa batter & spread the batter evenly to form a thin crepe (make as thin as possible). Sprinkle oil.
- Cook the dosa on medium heat. Turn the dosa & cook on the other side too.
- Serve it hot with a dip/chutney/curry of your choice.
- We prefer this dosa with ginger chutney. They both make a great combination.
- The dosa becomes a little hard after it is cooled. Hence, it is suggested to serve this dosa hot or atleast warm.
- These dosas are to be spread as thin as possible.