7 things about me…
1. Me..., a chatterbox. I can talk to strangers as if I knew them for many years. However, my friends circle is very limited. I open my heart to only very few.
2. I like collecting designer & silk sarees, but often postpone wearing them.
3. I love experimenting in my kitchen. However, my blog hopping is limited to few tried & tested ones. I do try a lot of recipes, but often fail to note down the ingredients immediately. After 15 days, I forget what went into that recipe & the photo goes to my thrash.
4. I absolutely love yogurt in any form.
5. I love planning for any occasion. Be it wedding, upanayanam or naming ceremony. I plan & select my accessories to match in with my saree. I can plan as early as 6-10months before the occasion.
6. I hate rats. I get all kinds of rats in my dream, even if I happen to see them once.
7. I dont like any kind of soft drinks or fresh fruit juices. I forcefully sip fruit juices & milkshakes. I prefer home made buttermilk, ragi ambli, lime soda (with salt).
1.What is your current obsession?
Planning for my visit to India :D
2. What are you wearing today?
Red kurtha & jeans
3. What’s for dinner?
Southekayi guliyappa(Cucumber & rice balls) & kayi chutney (coconut chutney)
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Few t-shirts for my son.
5. What are you listening to right now?
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
- Lakshmi is always there for me from my initial blogging days. I have learnt a lot about blogging, html editing & widgets from her. I love her North Karnataka recipes.
- I love Suparna's warm comments. She has great recipes at her space.
- I knew Jayasri recently & she has some new recipes at her blog that I am waiting to try.
Can I get 2 houses? One in Mysore & the other in Chikmagalur/Agumbe?
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Sunscreen lotion, t-shirt & capri
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
10. Which language do you want to learn?
Tulu to impress in-laws & Chinese to impress my boss :D
11. What’s your favourite quote?
"People buy things that they dont need to impress people whom they dont like".
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
All of my family members.
13. What is your favourite colour?
Pink & white
14. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
All my silk & designer sarees.
15. What is your dream job?
16. What’s your favourite magazine?
I love TINKLE, balamitra, champaka, Amar Chitra Katha & all other children's story books.
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
May be nothing....
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Jeans or skirt with a big bindi & loads of gold jewellary.
19. Who are your style icons?
20. Describe your personal style.?
I love to be simple most of the times with a comfy t-shirt & a capri or jeans.
21. What are you going to do after this?
Have my lunch.
22. What are your favourite movies?
Rangeela, A Wednesday, Socha Na Tha, Nammura Manadara Hoove, HAKHK & many more.
24. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
Lacto-calamine, lipbalm & body lotion.
23. What inspires you?
Light music, long chat with a friend & good food.
24. Give us three styling tips that always work for you
Be simple & natural. Dont try to imitate people & choose outfits that you are not comfortable wearing.
25. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
Buy some new clothes..
26. Coffee or tea?
I love coffee & can have any number of times.
27. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Scream at my poor hubby to take me shopping :D
28. What is the meaning of your name?
Beautiful women. It also means first ray of light in Sanskrit.
29. Which other blogs you love visiting?
Most of the blogs I visit are wonderful.
30. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Jamun, hayagreeva, halubayi, paradi payasa & many more..
31. Favorite Season ?
Rainy season at Malenadu.
32. If I come to your house now, what would u cook for me?
I shall cook doodh peda, bisibelebhath, curd rice & some jackfruit papad.
Here is my new question.
33. Favorite fruit?
Thanks a lot for the lovely awards. Awards has been placed at my sidebar.
I would love to pass them to
1. Deesha of VegetablePlatter
2. Archana of Archy's recipes
3. PJ of SeduceYourTasteBuds.
nice to read about u...congrats dear...ReplyDelete
Happy birthday to Savi Ruchi and nice to read up about you?ReplyDelete
Congrats dear...Wish your blog many more years and recipe :)....nice reading your memeReplyDelete
Congratulations on your first blogoanniversary and those awards!ReplyDelete
Happy first B'day to savi ruchi..keep rocking..!!ReplyDelete
happy to read your meme
Congrats and gud luck..waiting to see many more Karnataka recipes..
Happy anniversary, Sush! May you celebrate many many more!!ReplyDelete
nice to read abt u dear !!ReplyDelete
First thing I would like to congragulate on completing a year on blogging, and it is so nice to know so many things about you, some of them do match mine, like the photos going to trash!!, happy blogging for lot more years to come!!!, give us some more lovely recipes, and congrats on your awards too..ReplyDelete
Good to know more about you :)ReplyDelete
A very happy birthday to Savi-Ruchi. Here is wishing many more such birthdays :) Nice tag and congrats!!ReplyDelete
Enjoyed reading this post Sushma..Congrats!!ReplyDelete
Pakashale also turned One..Will post soon :) Do you speak tulu ?
Haaaaaaapppy buurrthhhhdaaaayyyy toooo youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...haaaapppppyyy burthhdaaayyy too uuuuuuu.....ReplyDelete
Gulab Jamoon madithya? :P
Hey lemon pickles is in the bottle, daily it sits in the sun for 4 hrs. The smell is just awesome no?
Nice to read abt you congrats dear...ReplyDelete
Wish you will reach many more years with wonderful recipes all the best. Nice to know more abt you thru this.. keep rockingReplyDelete
Happy Birthday to Savi Ruchi. It was good to know more about you through the tag.ReplyDelete
Birthday Wishes to Savi Ruchi. Thanks for the AwardsReplyDelete
Congratulations to Savi-Ruchi .. How fast time flies isn't it? Thanks for the awards sushma & nice knowing you moreReplyDelete
Happy birthday to your blog..enjoy!ReplyDelete
Happy anniversary to Savi Ruchi...Keep on rocking girl! nice to know more about u yaar!ReplyDelete
Hey, congrats on ur awards an anniversary of ur blog !!ReplyDelete
Nice to read about u !!
Thank you for thinking of me, shall update soon :)!!
Hi Savi ruchi,ReplyDelete
Modal bari nimma blog entry madide...
tumba changie ade...
Too good...keep going :)
U know what...u'r first line "I can talk to any stranger as if I know them for years"...that was my first impression abt u ...back in college ;)
i hate rats..hahahha LOL...
i remember something with this as well, will tell u later......
as i had requested u earlier, do post evening snacks recipes like stuffed capsicum, chur muri...
what i like the most abt u'r blog is that ..recipes are very authentic and measurements are very accurate...
long live savi-ruchi :)
Congrats sush. It sure is an achievement. Well done. and congrats on ur awards too.ReplyDelete
Congrats for completing 1 Year on this blogosphere....ReplyDelete
It was a nice read and got to know more about u
innasTu..mattasTu savi ruchi mooDi barali.
ati sheegradalli idannu pustakavaagi hora taruva prayatnavu naDeyali.
sadyakkaMtu idu nammaMtavara aDigemane bhagavadgeethe !!!
Thanks a lot for your wishes.
Do tell me after the pickle is completely done. I love that pickle soo much that all my other pickles are sidelined for few months. Gulab jamoon madalilla :)
Wow!!, that was a pleasent surprise Sri. Thanks a lot for writing. I am a chatterbox by birth.., so cant change ;)
I shall post tomato slice(tomato masala) recipe soon followed by churmuri...
Anantha dhanyavadagalu. Naanu idannu ondu havyasa antha shuru madiddu, idarinda nimage prayojana agtha ide andre.., nanage tumbane kushi aithu.
Nimmellara haraike idre, pustakavagi khanditha hora tarona.
Abba!!, bhagavathgeethe ge holisidra?? Naanu dhanyaLade :)
Happy Blog Anniversary...Wish you many more yum years to come...Keep rocking...ReplyDelete