Raw jack fruit dosa needs no fermentation and can be made in a jiffy. It's gluten free and vegan. You need jack fruits that is raw and firm. Please do not use tender jack fruit (baby jack fruit) to make this. Please refer to CookwithSmile blog. She has put tender jack fruit pictures. We are using fully grown jack fruit that is yet to ripen. Look at the picture below.
The aroma of this dosa makes you want to eat more. The subtle flavor of jack fruit makes you salivate. Don't believe.., just make it once. You'll hunt for raw jack fruit to make them again and again.
We call it Sunshine Dosa at home because of the vibrant yellow color.
Here goes the recipe:
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: About a minute for each dosa
Serves: 4 adults (Makes about 18 to 20 dosas)
2 cups raw rice (normal sona masoori/ponni would do)
4 cups raw jackfruit (remove the seeds & cut into small pieces)
1 tbsp fresh/frozen grated coconut, optional
salt according to taste.
Few drops of coconut oil/cooking oil for each dosa.
- Soak the rice for at least 5 hours.
- De seed the jack fruit and chop them into small pieces.
- Grind the rice along with the jackfruit, coconut & make smooth paste out of it. The batter should be just like any other normal dosa batter.
- Add salt according to taste & start preparing the dosas immediately. (No fermentation required) Refer to the video below.
- Serve the dosa with honey, chutney or any dip of your choice. Tender jack fruit sambar/koddel goes very well with this dosa.
PS: This is one of my revisited posts.
I am glad that you got back the money and good jackfruit. I am still asking my hubs to climb the tree :D, now that I saw that dosa here, will sure make him climb soon ahahhaa...nice one. Please post all the recipes of raw jackfruit ..I am all eyes and ears to them now.ReplyDelete
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA.. thumba dhina agithu ee thara kannada keli!ReplyDelete
Hey I saw that your mallige idli calls for 4 cups of rave. How much do you normally use for idli? I use 1c rice : 2 c rave. I just want to make sure it is 1 c rice :4 c rave
Halasinakayalli hula! First time hearing. Atleast you went back and got another one. Bravo. If I was in your position I would have just cursed my luck and do nothing ab't it -:)ReplyDelete