Here goes my second post for the beginner series that I started last month. Though I have an electric griller, I always prefer to grill these sandwiches on my griddle/tawa/kavali.
Shredded/Grated cheddar cheese: 2 tbsp (1tbsp for each sandwich)
Butter: 1 tsp
Garlic: 1 pod (minced)
Salt: According to taste
Mixed & dried herbs: 1/2 tsp (1/4th tsp or a dash for each sandwich)
- Mix the butter & the minced garlic & keep them aside.
- Take a slice of the bread. Spread the finely chopped tomato(1.5tbsp) on the bread.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper & dried herbs.
- Spread the cheese on top of the tomatoes.
- Take another slice of bread & place it on top of the cheese.
- Heat the griddle. When the griddle is medium hot, add few drops of garlic butter to the griddle. Reduce the heat. (The sandwich must be grilled on a low heat).
- Place the sandwich on the garlic butter & let it brown for a minute. Repeat the same for the other side of the sandwich too.
- Repeat the above steps for another sandwich. Cut them & serve them hot with a dip of your choice.
Garlic butter enhances the taste of the sandwich. If you do not prefer them with garlic, go ahead & add normal butter.
If you cannot find mixed herbs, then add finely chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves. These leaves add a nice flavor too.