Now that.., I got so much information from her, I thought of sharing this information with you all.
Uses of nugge soppu:
- It helps in weight gain & overcoming anemia (rich in iron).
- Pregnant ladies & feeding mothers are advised to consume nugge soppu. It helps in increasing the breast milk for feeding mothers ( because it is rich in calcium).
- Rich in Vitamin C & thus helps in fighting against cold & cough.
- It contains more potassium than banana.
When I called up my aunt, I got to know very easy & mouthwatering nugge soppu recipes from her. So, ladies & gentlemen.., it would be nugge soppu recipes for few days in my blog :))
Ingredients for tovve:
1 cup hesaru bele (moong dal, split green gram dal)
3 cups nugge soppu
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
1/2 tsp grated ginger
3 green chillis (slit)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/ tsp jeera/cumin seeds
salt according to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Soak the moong dal in warm water for 1 hour.
- Wash the nugge soppu & keep it aside.
- In a broad kadai, add oil. When oil is hot, add mustard & cumin seeds. When they splutter, add onion & saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves & tomato & saute till tomatoes become soft.
- To this add, nugge soppu & cook for 2mins (till leaves become soft).
- Add hesaru bele, salt & water & cook till dal is cooked completely (Can pressure cook for 1 whistle).
- Add lemon juice & serve it with rice/roti.