Friday, September 12, 2008
Beetroot Gojju (Beetroot thick curry)
Children get attracted by the color of this gojju mixed with rice & believe me.., they finish their plate without much protest. Especially, if served with a papad. My kid & my niece are also no exceptions for this. Do try on your kids.
I learnt this from my co-sister. She knows a whole lot of recipes. She is from North Canara(Sirsi), Karnataka, India. So, she taught me to cook a totally new variety of dishes like appehuli, saasime, hashi. I'll post all of them. Keep waiting...
Beetroot gojju can be prepared in minutes & tastes good with rice, akki rotti (rice roti). This recipe was a boon for me when I was working. I used to prepare this atleast once a week for dinner.
1 medium/big sized beetroot(grated)
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1.5 teaspoons amchur powder
1 teaspoon rice floor
salt according to taste.
1.5 teaspoons oil
1 pod garlic ( fine chopped)
3-4 curry leaves
- In a kadai, add little water & grated beetroot.
- Cook the beetroot with little water for 5 mins in a slow flame.
- When beetroot is cooked, add chilli powder, amchur powder, salt & mix well
- Make a thin paste of rice floor.
- Add this paste to the beetroot mixture
- In a small kadai, add oil. When oil is hot, add mustard seeds. To that add garlic & saute for a minute. Finally add curry leaves & pout this oggarane(tempering/tadka) to the cooked beetroot.
- Gojju is ready.
Isn't that very simple??